The Spanish Association of Purchasing, Contracting and Supply Professionals (AERCE in Spanish) granted the awards for transformation, training and social responsibility to the Procurement and Fleet Department at Ferrovial Services Spain.
For the second consecutive year
the Procurement and Fleet Department received awards from AERCE
. Three awards - including the AERCE Diamante, the association's highest award
- were presented during the award ceremony, held at the Meliá Castilla Hotel
(Madrid) on 19 November.
The main factors on which the awards were based are the scale
of the benefits provided by the candidate initiatives. The awards recognise the efforts of the people in the purchasing area
with the aim of generating visibility and highlighting best practices
AERCE Diamante award for Corporate Social Responsibility
A number of initiatives were presented, accrediting the commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
and emphasising efficient and responsible supply chain management. They included:
- Widespread use of new clauses establishing the applicability of the Code of Business Ethics and the Anticorruption Policy in orders and contracts with suppliers.
- Implementation of a new form for supplier certification and assessment.
- Green Purchasing catalogue.
- Agreements with special employment centres to implement the commitment in this area and comply with Spain's General Law on Persons with Disabilities.
Runner-up award for the transformation of the Purchasing function
This category recognises a success story in tool integration
, team coordination
and unification of internal processes
. The candidate initiatives were developed between 2013 and 2017 in order to fully integrate the procurement and fleet departments of CESPA
Special mention for Training
The Higher Training Programme
in Purchasing and Procurement, implemented with the Human Resources
training team, received a special mention. The programme focuses on increasing the knowledge
of the department's professionals. The programme, which is taught by ESIC
business school, has a duration of 136 hours distributed in 9 modules between January 2017 and December 2018.