- The program’s focus is to recognize the work that nonprofits are doing for their community
- The nonprofit organizations participating provide aid to disadvantaged groups, aid equal opportunity programs and provide infrastructure for the community
LBJIG, NTEMP and NTEMP S3’s TEXpress Gives Back program begins today, October 5, 2020. The program’s focus is to recognize the work that nonprofits are doing for their community along the LBJ, NTE and NTE 35W TEXpress Lanes and their respective corridors across Dallas/Fort Worth. The contest will raise awareness and support for these worthy organizations by encouraging individuals to vote online here. The general public can vote one time per day (per valid email address, IP address or direct link).
The award process will include a grand prize of $7,500 to the nonprofit organization with the most amount of verified votes at the end of the campaign, with the second-place organization receiving $2,500 and third-place receiving $1,000. Each of the remaining (6) organizations to receive $500 each.
The nonprofit organizations participating in this year’s program were selected using the following criteria: provides aid to disadvantaged groups, aids equal opportunity programs and provides infrastructure for the community. The nonprofits must also be located within the respective corridors.
The nonprofits nominated for participation in the 2020 TEXpress Gives Back Program:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas
- Community Enrichment Center
- Community Storehouse
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
- Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains
- Girls Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas
- Girls Inc. of Tarrant County
- 6 Stones
- YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Beginning today, Monday, October 5 through Friday, October 16 at 5:00 p.m. CT, individuals may cast a vote daily for their favorite participating nonprofit using the following link –2020 TEXpress Gives Back. An ongoing tally will be verified and updated periodically on the TEXpress Lanes Facebook and Twitter pages during the voting period. On October 21, LBJIG, NTEMP and NTEMP S3 will certify the results and notify each nonprofit of their awards.