Its objective is to become a benchmark web site for the infrastructure and services industries The portal will include a monthly on-line bulletin with news, interviews and specialised opinion articles As part of its commitment to sustainability, Ferrovial has become a collaborator of Fundación Entorno Ferrovial and Fundación Entorno today unveiled CanalConstrucciónSostenible (www.canalconstruccionsostenible.com), the first web site to focus on the environment and sustainability for the infrastructure and services industries in Spain. The site aims to become a leading source of information about sustainability in the industry and to foster knowledge, information and debate about more sustainable new construction models. CanalConstrucciónSostenible forms part of Ferrovial's strategy to implement corporate responsibility policies and responds to its commitment to continuous improvement in its communication channels with stakeholders, disseminate the industry's best practices and become an open forum for experts on environmental and sustainable development issues, mainly in the infrastructure and services business. Monthly on-line bulletin The site offers free subscriptions to a monthly on-line bulletin, which seeks to obtain around 1,000 subscribers in the coming months. The CanalConstrucciónSostenible bulletin will include news and the main initiatives on sustainability development in the sector as well as interviews with experts from various spheres related to sustainability policies and initiatives in the infrastructure and services industries. The bulletin's first edition includes an interview with Klaus Toepfer, United Nations Under-Secretary General and Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and Juan López de Uralde, Executive Director of Greenpeace Spain. The new site and bulletin were presented by Valentín Alfaya, Ferrovial's Environmental and Quality Manager, and Raquel Aranguren, Technical Director of Fundación Entorno. Both highlighted that "CanalConstrucciónSostenible fills a gap in the technical and general information related to sustainable management in Spain's infrastructure and services industries". "This web site is aimed at ensuring that all stakeholders can expand their knowledge about business models based on optimisation of natural resource use and implementation of maximum energy efficiency criteria", they added. Content of CanalConstruccionSostenible In addition to the monthly bulletin, CanalEmpresaSostenible includes sections with information contributed by external participants and articles by experts in sustainable construction and services:
- Interviews and opinion articles every fortnight with experts in sustainable construction and leading experts in sustainability;
- Update: a section with analysis and comments on legislation, upcoming events, new publications and links of interest;
- Daily news about sustainable development in general and comments and assessments by the company related to the construction and services industries;
- Information about the company's ratings and external valuations and certifications;
- Ferrovial and the environment: the section includes the main environmental factors in the construction and services business and an environmental performance analysis of Ferrovial's construction activities; environmental actions, new projects, RDI and communication with stakeholders, among other content.