Amey, one of the UKs leading support services partners, today announces the appointment of Sir Richard Mottram as Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, the post will take effect immediately. Sir Richard was one of the countrys most senior officials within Government, his career having spanned 39 years and many key Departments. Commenting on the appointment, Mel Ewell, Chief Executive of Amey, said: "We are delighted that Sir Richard is joining the Board of Amey as Chairman. A strong leader with a great deal of experience and knowledge across many key sectors in the UK; Sir Richard will play a key role as we push forward with our strategy for continued growth and in developing our work in the central and local government arena". As Chairman of Amey, Sir Richard will be heavily involved in developing the businesss central and local government agenda and guiding Ameys future strategic development. His wealth of experience across key sectors including transport, the environment and public services will prove invaluable to Ameys business strategy and network. Sir Richard Mottram said; With its history of growth and strong forward business opportunities, this is an exciting time to be joining Amey. I look forward to working with Ameys leadership team as we realise the businesss vision of transforming services to the public. Notes to Editors: Sir Richard Mottram held a number of senior posts in the Civil service during his 39-year career including:
- 1992-1995 Permanent Secretary, Office of Public Service and Science in the Cabinet Office
- 19951998 Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence.
- 1998-2002 Permanent Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (in 2001-2002 Transport, Local Government, and the Regions)
- 2002 - 2005 Permanent Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions.
- 2005-2007 Permanent Secretary, Intelligence, Security and Resilience, Cabinet Office