- Nearly $1 million committed to local organizations in our areas of operation that are focused on supporting vulnerable individuals and families. Almost $700,000 in Texas alone.
- OneStar Foundation’s Texas COVID Relief Fund received $100,000 to assist with their efforts in meeting the critical needs of Texas communities as they respond to and recover from the severe impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Baylor College of Medicine received $162,000 to go towards the equipment and resources needed for their COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate project.
Ferrovial, on behalf of its subsidiaries, Cintra, Ferrovial Construction, Webber, and Ferrovial Airports, today announced commitments of more than $1.2 million to COVID-19 recovery efforts across the United States.
Through its Ferrovial Together fund, the company has made contributions to organizations in communities where its employees work and live, including Austin, its headquarters city. The organizations are:
- Central Texas Food Bank, Austin, TX
- Community Action Partnership of Kern Food Bank, Bakersfield, CA
- Atlanta Food Bank, Atlanta, GA
- Houston Food Bank, Houston, TX
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, Charlotte, NC
- North Texas Food Bank, Dallas, TX
- Tarrant Area Food Bank, Fort Worth, TX
- Foundation for Fairfax Public Schools/Food Program, Fairfax, VA
- Central Virginia Food Bank in Richmond, VA
- West Texas Food Bank, TX
- Caritas of Waco, TX
- Greater Capital Area Food Bank (Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia)
- Food Bank of the Rockies, CO
- Central Texas Meals on Wheels
- Atlanta Meals on Wheels
- Loaves and Fishes – Mecklenburg County, NC
In addition, the Ferrovial Together fund has contributed $162,000 to the Baylor College of Medicine COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate project and $100,000 to the OneStar Foundation’s Texas COVID Relief Fund.
These contributions are part of the company’s broader international fundraising effort, Ferrovial Together COVID-19. The fund’s goals are focused on supporting vulnerable individuals and families.
As a company, we are dedicated to utilizing our resources to help ease the increased demands placed upon these organizations during the COVID-19 health crisis. We are hopeful that these contributions will provide substantial assistance to those who need it most now, as well as support the research and development of a vaccine.
Ferrovial set up the Ferrovial Together COVID-19 fund with an initial donation of approximately $5.5 million from the company. At the same time, it launched a fundraising drive among employees, directors, shareholders, contractors, suppliers and anyone wishing to make a donation. The company will double any contribution up to a total of approximately $11 million. To date, Ferrovial Together COVID-19 fund has raised approximately $9.5 million.
The fund also plans to use its contributions to assist specific projects of hospitals, universities, research and development centers, and nonprofits. These contributions will focus on assisting these entities with the acquisition of medical supplies and medical equipment, as well as in the development of treatments and vaccines.
Our company values its employees and strongly supports the local communities where we work and live. This is a challenging time for many, but we will get through this crisis together.