Ferrovial JFK team provides program management services to JFK Airport, working as an in-house entity to manage the delivery of the project for Ferrovial Airports.
Ferrovial Construction North America Engineering Services is acting as the Lead of the Technical area of the Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO’s Technical team encompasses 18 people led by Fernando Santos.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of all aspects of design and construction
- Serving as the principal point-of-contact with the Design and Build Contractors (DB), working closely with them to drive quality and innovative delivery methodologies to reduce cost and risk
- Establishing strong working relationships with the Port Authority across all levels of the organization
- Maintaining a risk register for cost and schedule, tracking risk owner and listing mitigation strategies and actions taken
- Working closely with the DB to maintain and improve the schedule for the project
- Coordinating with Airline Users, concessions manager, and other terminal tenants on the design and construction, including fit-out
- Reviewing, commenting on, and monitoring the DB’s plans for safety, security, logistics, and QA/QC.
"The opportunity to leverage our technical project management expertise to ensure optimum project delivery for one of the world's most recognized and travelled airports is a high point for our company. Overseeing the construction of the New Terminal One will allow us to showcase Ferrovial Construction's depth and breadth of services and will undoubtedly open the door to future opportunities for our business units in leading and managing complex, large-scale projects."
Recent & Upcoming 2022 Milestones include:
- Start the Green Garage Demolition: August
- Comprehensive Intermediate Design Submittal (60%) for the Terminal: Mid-July
- Closing the Green Garage: July 11
- Holding the second Executive Design Review Committee (EDRC) meeting with the Port Authority’s Executive Management: July 11