Metro de Chile
recognised Ferrovial Agroman
last December for its performance in relation to occupational risk prevention in its contract for the stations of Pedro Aguirre Cerda, Lo Valledor and Cerrillos, as the contract with the best prevention indexes of all the underground lines being built
.The award was delivered by Rubén Alvarado, Metro’s General Manager, to Ricardo Munguía, Building Manager, in representation of Alberto Toraya, head of the contract, and his team, which includes the site managers for the relevant stations Luis Jara, Cristina Ibarra and José Pose.Also present at the event were Joaquín Torres, Director for Chile, Marcos Gutiérrez, Prevention Manager, and Ronald Olmos, Head of Building Prevention in Chile.This is not the only award received in recognition of the subsidiary’s performance in the country. Ferrovial Agroman Chile also received the following awards in 2017
- Award for performance in Occupational Health and Safety in Metro’s Contract with best prevention indexes category
- Prize for the Staff member with a significant contribution to prevention, awarded to Claudio Sanhueza.
- Second in the Distinction for Excellence category for the Voussoir Park in the Los Cóndores Hydroelectric Plant project, for excellent risk prevention management during production, storage and transport of the separate segments by the team led by Elías Bravo and José Antonio Oreiro.
- Award for contributions to the Development of a Culture of Prevention at the Franklin and Bio stations.
- Recognition of over 500,000 accident-free hours in 2016.
"These awards are evidence that we are on the right track, and make us even more committed to continue improving day by day to fully implement a risk prevention and protection culture for our staff", said Joaquín Torres.
Ferrovial has been working in Chile for over 28 years
, during which time it has built more than 700 km of toll motorways
, 12 km of tunnels
and 16 underground stations in Santiago de Chile
, in addition to buildings with an aggregate value of over 250 million dollars.Ferrovial Agroman is currently working on the following projects in Chile:
- Rutas del Loa motorway
- Buli and Santa Teresa pedestrian road crossings and bus stops
- Puente Alto Judicial Centre
- Vehicle crossing at Graneros
- Universidad de Chile station
- Tobalaba station
- Interior cladding for stations in line 3
- Santiago-Lampa motorway
- Interior cladding for stations in line 6
- Los Cóndores Hydroelectric Plant
To learn more about Ferrovial's construction line, click here