On October 2, 3 and 4, the fifteenth edition of the National Family Business Congress was held in Cáceres, where our Chairman Rafael del Pino participated with a speech in which he highlighted the values of family companies such as Ferrovial and the importance of their role in the economy of Spain.
The congress, which has become the most important business forum in Spain and one of the most important in the world, was organized by the IEF (Instituto de la Empresa Familiar), an independent, non-profit, statewide business organization that brings together a hundred leading family businesses in their sectors of activity. Since it was founded in 1992, it has established itself as the reference interlocutor on family businesses before the Administrations, institutions, the media and society in general.
The congress was presided over by His Majesty King Felipe VI and inaugurated by Andrés Sendagorta, President of the IEF, and Guillermo Fernández, President of the Regional Government of Extremadura.
In addition to Rafael del Pino, also made a speech:
- Alberto Núñez Feijoo, president of the Partido Popular.
- Pilar Alegría, Minister of Education and Vocational Training.
- Rocío Hervella, president of EFCL Tierra de Saber.
- Juan José Cano, president of KPMG in Spain.
- Antonio Simöes, CEO of Banco Santander Spain.
- Francisco J. Riberas, president of Gestamp.
- Óscar García Maceiras, CEO of Inditex.