Ferrovial has received an Alembeeks Award in the ‘Best IR Digital Disclosure’ category from the Alembeeks Group
, which recognises best reporting practices amongst Spanish companies.
The criteria used to select the companies, though different for each category, are based on a range of principles including issues such as relevance
and context-specific qualities of disclosures
provided by Spanish listed companies.
Ferrovial has received the award thanks to the extensive collaborative efforts of all those involved in all stages of our reporting processes
and on all the different content. Such efforts have spanned our global operations and all areas, applying a philosophy of teamwork beyond hierarchy.
Alembeeks has awarded five prizes in Spain:
- Best IR Digital Disclosure: Ferrovial
- Best Financial Disclosure: Caixabank
- Best Non-Financial Disclosure: Acciona
- Best Governance Disclosure: Bankinter
- Best Proxy Statements: BBVA
In March, Ferrovial was named one of the "Most-honoured European companies" for 2018 by Institutional Investor
. This publication has also ranked Ferrovial as follows in various categories in the Building and Construction
- Best CFO: Ernesto López Mozo (3rd position overall)
- Best IR Programme (3rd position overall, 2nd position Buyside)
- Best Analyst Day (1st position overall)
- Best Website (2nd position overall)
About the Alembeeks Awards
The Alembeeks Awards
are an acknowledgement of the reporting activity carried out by Spanish companies in 2017. The
Alembeeks Awards initiative has two main objectives:
First, to thank the companies and IR teams
that make the company’s governance analysis activity easier, given that by disclosing financial and non-financial information in a transparent, effective and detailed manner, their consulting activity is more efficient, and clients can receive more comprehensive and well-argued reports.
Secondly, to single out companies as benchmarks
in each of the 5 categories, in order that other companies may use them as best practice models to improve their own practices in the subsequent years.
More specifically, the Best IR Digital Disclosure 2017
award is decided based on the following criteria:
- Access to content (financial, non-financial, strategy, governance, …)
- Summary scorecard of performance
- Look and feel of the site / Navigation / UX
- Multiple ways to navigate the site to access information
- Innovative use of technology
- Analytical tools for data, financials, etc.
- User customization
- Use of social media platforms for IR purposes (meetings, presentations) and engage visitors
- The site is clearly an example to other companies of "best practices"
- Email alert/Newsletter
- Contact details with IR and channels
- Excel format for financials, downloadable (quarter and annual)
- Dividend payment history
- Share price information
- Archival information (at least 5 years)
- Use of video/audio of key addresses of executives made at annual and other meetings
is a corporate governance advisory company serving mainly institutional investors. One of our activities is the preparation of reports to help clients decide on voting at shareholders meetings. Our services help improve the governance and operations activity of institutional investors through technological solutions and detailed and up-to-date knowledge of governance in listed companies.