- El Economista used ratings from five prestigious consulting firms specializing in ESG: S&P Global, Sustainalytics, ISS, CDP, and Bloomberg
El Economista, a leading newspaper in the Spanish press, has ranked Ferrovial as the third best company nationwide in terms of its ESG index for Ibex 35 companies.
In preparing this ranking, El Economista used ratings from five prestigious consulting firms specializing in ESG: S&P Global, Sustainalytics, ISS, CDP, and Bloomberg.
Ferrovial scored 92.45 out of 100, taking third position after Endesa, the top scorer with 93.83, and Inditex, which took silver with 93.33.
Ferrovial is rated 96 by S&P Global and 96.5 by Sustainalytics. CDP gives it the highest rating (A), and it received ISS’s second-highest score (2 out of 10, with 1 being the best). In the Bloomberg index, our company earned a 65.3. We were one of nearly twenty Spanish companies (out of 380 companies in all) labeled most committed to gender equality and diversity in the world.
On the list, Ferrovial is followed by: Naturgy (92.38), Siemens Gamesa (91.97), Red Eléctrica de España (91.44). and Iberdrola (90.80). Enagás, Amadeus, and Acciona rank eighth, ninth, and tenth in elEconomista’s ESG ranking with scores of 90.72, 87.83, and 87.23, respectively.
Strong commitment to sustainability
This new recognition underscores Ferrovial’s sustainability strategy and is one of many other recognitions the company has received for its commitment:
- For the nineteenth consecutive year, Ferrovial has earned a spot on the prestigious Dow Jones sustainability index due to the company’s solid performance in environmental, social, and good governance issues.
- It has been recognized by AENOR as the first company to certify its climate strategy in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- It has appeared on the FTSE4Good sustainability index for 17 years for steps taken regarding the ESG (environmental, social, and governance) pillars.
- It was recognized as the most sustainable company in the infrastructure sector by World Finance magazine in 2020.