- The Aiport has been recognized as Europe’s safest airport, according to the Safe Travel Barometer
- It has also been ranked one of the highest scores along 4 other airports worldwide, scoring 4.4
Heathrow Airport has been recognized as Europe’s safest airport, according to the Safe Travel Barometer. It has also been ranked one of the highest scores along 4 other airports worldwide, scoring 4.4.
Safe Travel Barometer is the world’s most comprehensive database for COVID-19 traveler health and safety protocols and has just released the Safe Travel Score for airports worldwide for October. This rating initiative is an independent audit of more than 420 airports.
The score is based on various health and safety initiatives airports have carried out, as well as ad-hoc investments and capital expenditure made to ensure passenger safety and comfort.
COVID 19 Measures
Some of the measures Heathrow has taken to protect its passengers and workers are:
- Implemented UV cleaning robots that use technology to kill viruses and bacteria at night efficiently.
- At all escalators, the handrails are continually disinfected with UV handrail technology.
- Self-cleaning anti-viral wraps are being fitted to various high touch items such as security trays, lift buttons, trolley, and door handles.
- It has 100 colleagues to serve as hygiene-technicians.
Find here all the measures.
For more information, please check the ranking.