The update to the Health and Safety Policy was approved by Board of Directors of Ferrovial S.A. on July 30. The policy sets out the rules to adhere to in order to ensure a safe working environment and supersedes the current version that has been in place since 2006.
The Health and Safety Policy which establishes the basic requirements to promote a culture of consistent and positive occupational safety, is applicable to Ferrovial, S.A. and the companies comprising the Group, regardless of their business sector, geographical location or activities; members of the governing bodies of Ferrovial, S.A. or other Group companies (including supervisory boards or equivalent bodies) and the employees of any of the companies comprising the Group.
The basic principles included in the new regulations include:
- Compliance with prevailing legislation.
- The assessment of risks and hazards in our workplaces.
- Effective and consistent communication that contributes positively to our performance.
- Training and involvement by providing the appropriate resources and tools to improve the skills of workers.
- The human and material resources appropriate to provide safe working conditions.
- The incorporation of supplier selection criteria related to occupational health and safety.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on performance regarding health and safety.
- Continuously improving our performance by setting objectives and regularly monitoring them.