- The company is among the handful of companies that have reached the highest standards out of the more than 5,800 companies worldwide that were considered for CDP’s ranking
The CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) has named Ferrovial one of the world’s leading sustainability companies. Ferrovial got the highest score possible and appeared on CDP’s prestigious ‘A List’ for its part in the fight against climate change.
The company has been included in this influential worldwide ranking for the actions it has taken to reduce emissions from its activities, mitigate risks stemming from climate change, and contribute to creating a low-carbon economy. To assess these aspects, the organization looked at the data reported by Ferrovial via CDP’s 2020 questionnaire on climate change.
Ferrovial has once again proven its commitment to the fight against climate change. The company is continuing to take action protecting the environment, becoming a world leader in sustainability and transparency. The company is among the handful of companies that have reached the highest standards out of the more than 5,800 companies worldwide that were considered for CDP’s ranking.
CDP’s sustainability criteria
CDP is a global environmental non-profit. Its annual study on the environment and its method of evaluating companies are recognized internationally as the highest standard for corporate environmental transparency.
The organization uses its own independent methodology to rank companies based on their awareness, how they handle environmental risks, and their actions as environmental leaders.
In 2020, around 515 investors requested data from companies on environmental impacts, risks, and opportunities through CDP’s platform, resulting in 9,600 participating companies – the record to date.
“We extend our congratulations to all the companies on this year’s A List. Taking the lead on environmental transparency and action is one of the most important steps businesses can make and is even more impressive in this challenging year marked by COVID-19.”
Our commitment to sustainability
This new mention underscores the company’s sustainability strategy. It is one of many of the recognitions the company received this year for its commitment to the environment:
- For the nineteenth year in a row, Ferrovial has appeared on the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index for its strong environmental performance.
- AENOR has also recognized Ferrovial as the first company to certify its climate strategy in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- It has been on the FTSE4Good sustainability index for 17 years now for the actions it has taken in terms of the ESG pillars (environmental, social, and governance).
- It has been recognized as the most sustainable company in the infrastructure sector by the World Finance magazine in 2020.
You can see the list of companies on this year’s ‘A List’ here.