- With this award, AERCE recognized the strategic work that Ferrovial does toward the effectiveness of its purchasing processes and the contribution it makes to the sphere of global business.
For the tenth year running, the Asociación Española de Profesionales de Compras, Contratación y Aprovisionamientos (AERCE) held the El Diamante de la Compra (The Purchasing Diamond) award ceremony. These awards aim to recognize the work done by those who are involved in Purchasing and to make an increasingly important role for organizations more visible, highlighting best practices from purchasing departments throughout 2019.
The Diamante de la Compra awards are divided into ten categories: Innovation, Purchasing Leader of the Year, Women’s Leadership, Supplier Integration in the Value Chain, Strategy, Corporate Social Responsibility, the Public Sector, the Best SME Initiative, Training, and Transforming the Purchasing Function.
José Francisco Garrido Casas, vice president of AERCE, opened the awards ceremony. He wanted to highlight the importance of resource management in purchasing departments:
"The biggest challenge of the day is being efficient as well as sustainable. And in facing this huge challenge, AERCE is committed to taking care of our resources, our people... but how? Everyone must think about this for themselves, , but there is one exercise that never fails, and it's to think about how and why you would like things to be done at your own company."
Purchasing is a strategic part of the company where organizations ensure their profitability and competitiveness. Data shows that acquiring goods and services is the most important factor in determining a company’s costs, more so than taxes and staff, since it accounts for an average of 75% of total business expenditures. Even 5% savings on these costs can lead to a 32.5% increase in business profits.
AERCE Awards by Category:
- In the Innovation category, Ferrovial received the first “Diamond” award for implementing a robotized process for order requests with RPA technology (Robotic Process Automation). In the same category, Ferrovial also received the Accésit award for the Blockchain project (DIGITALIS).
- In the Transforming the Purchasing Function category, the RPA project received the Accésit award.
- In the category for Supplier Integration in the Value Chain, Ferrovial Services received the Accésit by the digital contracting platform for facility services,
- In the Supplier Integration category, Ferrovial received the first “Diamond” award for the DIGITALIS
- Ferrovial was also recognized with an honorable mention in the categories for Corporate Social Responsibility and Transformation of the Purchasing Function.