- The company has been recognized as one of the 50 most sustainable entities globally in the Business Sustainability 2020 Awards
- The SEAL Awards is a global organization that promotes the protection and research of the environment, primarily through campaigns focusing on environmental impacts
The SEAL Awards (Sustainability, Environmental Achievement & Leadership) have selected Ferrovial as one of the 50 most sustainable companies in the world in its 2020 Business Sustainability Awards. These awards recognized companies with the best leadership, transparency and commitment to the environment, which are key performance indicators in the area of sustainability.
In order to establish the annual classification of companies, the awards take into account the listing of each company in two prestigious sustainability indices related to ESG factors (environmental, social and corporate governance): the CDP A-List, and the CSA, (Corporate Sustainability Assessment), which are now part of the S&P Global ESG.
Ferrovial appeared on the CDP A list in 2020 after obtaining the highest score for its initiatives to combat and mitigate climate change, as well as on the CSA of S&P Global, which listed the company in its Sustainability Year Book 2021.
The SEAL Awards seek to promote the protection and research of the environment through campaigns focusing on environmental impacts. They are also responsible for ranking the most sustainable companies in the world that are included in CDP’s A List and S&P Global’s CSA.
Commitment to sustainability
This new recognition reinforces the company’s commitment to the environment and its sustainability strategy. Below is Ferrovial’s list of awards in the field of sustainability for 2020:
- Nineteenth consecutive year in the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index for its environmental performance.
- Recognized by AENOR as the first company to certify its climate strategy according to the Sustainable Development Goals (SGD’s).
- 17 years in the FTSE4Good sustainability index for its actions on the ESG pillars
- Most sustainable company in the infrastructure sector by World Finance magazine in 2020.
You can access the full list of winners here.